History & Structure
UW-Shared Services was created in July, 2018, in support of UW System President Ray Cross’s 2020FWD strategic framework initiative.
UW-Shared Services supports the 2020FWD goal of operational excellence and directly supports the Commitment to Operational Reform and Excellence (CORE) initiative by creating opportunities for cost reduction, greater efficiency and better service by standardizing, consolidating and streamlining processes and services.
UW-Shared Services is a separate organization within the UW System, outside of any other institution or UW System Administration. The purpose of UW-Shared Services is to be a consolidated administrative service organization delivering scalable operational services to UW System institutions and employees. Initial priority service areas include Human Resources (HR), Information Technology (IT) and Procurement.
UW Restructuring provides a unique opportunity for the UW System to advance its operational excellence efforts by preserving operational capacity of UW Colleges and UW-Extension in these three priority areas, and eventually redesigning and repurposing that capacity to support UW-Shared Services.
To deliver high-quality shared services to the institutions and people of the UW System.
To be the premier higher education shared services organization.
At UW-Shared Services:
- We believe in collaboration – seeking input from the customer is important.
- We solve problems – customer challenges demand our best solutions.
- We focus on the customer – exceptional customer service is our commitment.
- We add value – employees are encouraged to innovate and develop as professionals.
- We think positively – embracing change is part of our culture.