With 73,000 employees in the UW System and almost $3 billion in payroll and benefits being processed annually, accuracy, timeliness and information security are ongoing areas of emphasis. UW-Shared Services can improve these conditions by standardizing process and consolidating activities, where appropriate, to enhance the value of human resources services to UW institutions and employees.
UW-Shared Services Human Resources may potentially provide a variety of human resources services, including:
- Benefits Management (Orientation, Enrollment, Eligibility, Changes)
- Change Management Services
- Criminal Background Checks & Interpretations
- Employment Relations
- Investigative Services (Workforce, Complaints, Student Conduct)
- Payroll Management (Time, Leave, FMLA, Tax, Approvals)
- Process Redesign Analysis
- Recruitment Services
- Workforce Training (Supervisory, Safety, Ethics)
UW Service Center
The UW Service Center became part of UW-Shared Services on August 20th, 2018. The UWSC provides consolidated payroll and benefits support to all UW institutions and UW System Administration. The Service Center’s successful track record in providing shared services makes the organization an important natural – and positive – addition to UW-Shared Services.