The Student Information Systems (SIS) service provides a wide range of administrative and support services to assist with or fully administer and manage institutional student information systems.
A wide range of services will be available to subscribers, including:
- Performing all or a subset of the necessary functions to maintain and update the Student Information System, including updating functionality, code and system configurations
- Applying bundles, fixes and security patches
- Developing interfaces and reports
- Monitoring overall system performance
The service does not include hosting the Student Information System (managing the institutional databases or servers). Institutions will own and be responsible for the SIS and associated data.
- Reduces duplicate efforts across institutions to manage and update individual Student Information Systems
- Reduces the burden on institutions to hire or contract PeopleSoft experts who are difficult to find
- Reduces duplicate efforts by creating and maintaining reusable integrations with System-wide tools
- Ensures SIS security is kept current and consistently applied
Service charges: This service is available by annual subscription, with three tiers:
- Application Administration and Development Services for a predetermined number of projects – best value
- Application Services only
- Development Services only
An hourly chargeback model is also available for institutions that need work beyond the predetermined threshold of projects, or for institutions that do not subscribe but would like project-based assistance.
Participation: This service is optional.
John Perkins, Manager, Student Information Systems
Ty Letto, Associate Director of Information Technology & Deputy CIO