UW-Shared Services provides criminal background and sexual harassment reference checks that are standardized and centrally processed in compliance with UW Board of Regents’ policy 20-19 and UW System Administration Policy 1275.
Additionally, UW-Shared Services will maintain records and provide required data consistent with compliance requirements while managing the relationship with the background check vendor(s).
UW-Shared Services will:
- Accept and process criminal background and sexual harassment checks for prospective employees and volunteers
- Manage automated systems and workflow between the applicant tracking systems, the UW enterprise-wide human resources, and the vendor systems engaged in providing these services
- Provide centralized support to navigate process and system and resolve issues
- Obtain, provide, and maintain standardized releases and notifications for applicants, employees, and human resources staff
- Update employee records to track successful completion of required checks
- Ensure criminal background rechecks are initiated by due dates
- Ensure autonomy for hiring authorities to review data or reports and make all hiring decisions
- Centrally manage vendor relationship and invoicing including coordination for internal reconciliation and billing
Cost: Base funded plus chargebacks
Participation: Mandatory for comprehensive institutions
Melissa Mayo, Assistant Director, Human Resources Business Partnerships
Nena Beier, Human Resources Business Partner